July 19, 2009

Family fun and the 4th!

Happily our trip to Utah for the 4th of July was moved up! Since my mom broke her leg (just a slight fracture, so not too terrible) and Brian was in Japan I decided to brave the road trip and go to Utah alone! I drove to Boise the first day and then to Orem the next and the boys did a great job! It was so nice to be there early, but it still somehow never seems to be long enough! Since we arrived early, it gave us time to go to St. George to visit my Grandparents - it was so great to see them again!

The family reunion was a blast! The kids absolutely loved playing with their cousins! We decided to take the kids to Lagoon and they loved it! The down side was that it rained half the day, but we took advantage of the rainy part and had the kids take an old fashioned picture - they loved dressing up!
We were also so lucky to be in town during the Temple open house. It was really nice to be able to take the kids through all of the different rooms and explain it a little better to them. It was great to be there with the family, but it made us miss Cam and Lori!

On the 3rd we had a really fun dinner and evening at the Christensens! Lots of fun outdoors including games, roasting marshmallows, and fireworks. Caryn showed true ladder ball skills!


The 4th of July never changes (well, only slightly changes) which is what is so wonderful about it! We got up early and headed to the hot air balloon launch breakfast, where my Dad has served us breakfast for about as long as I can remember! Brian and Jon ran the 5k, so they skipped the breakfast, but met up at the parade. Brian was 6th in his division - go Bri! After that it's off to the parade! We got bleacher seats in the shade - the boys loved it and as much as I enjoy watching the parade, I think I am watching the boys even more just to see their reactions to it all.
Next we had the picnic in the park, followed by an afternoon in the sprinklers. Then we had a super fun BBQ with some of our cousins and a fireworks show of our own! It was such a fun day! It made it hard to have to leave, but we have some super fun memories now!
We also got to stop by Brian's Grandparents, the Cooks, and his Aunt Sandra on the way home - it was great to see them again!

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Whoa, that temple picture looks like a backdrop!

I'm glad I get to see pictures since we never had the chance to get together during those few days. So fun!