August 8, 2010

Scotland revisited!

Brian and I went straight from one castle to another! The day after we got home from Disneyland we got on a plane to Scotland! Brian had a business trip there and originally it was just going to be him, but the company decided to let me come along on them! We couldn't pass it up and we were both excited to go back!


We landed in Edinburgh about an hour before church so we made it there just in time to go to our old ward Sacrament meeting! It was so great to see so many friends and remember the good times we had there. It brought back many great memories and we were able to catch up with some of our close friends the next night as well.


My first day back I did the hop-on/hop-off tourist bus all over the city so I could go back and see some of my favorite sites. I also checked out a few that I never dared go to with all the kids! A highlight was touring the Britiania - the Queens yacht that they have retired. It was very interesting and I was glad I never tried taking the kids! A very full fun day! On Tuesday I met up with Norma for lunch - she's a close friend that lived near us and our boys went to George Watsons together. We had a lovely time visiting and went to the school to pick up Fraser, see how grown up all of Adam's friends are, and see some of the other moms!

That night Brian and I got to have an anniversary dinner at one of our favorite restaurants - la Bruchetta! It is such yummy Italian that it is almost like being there! We had a great evening!
On my last day in Scotland I took a highland tour. As much as I loved the city when we lived there, I loved getting out to the highlands and the countryside! It is just breathtaking and the pictures don't do it any justice! I was on a mini-bus from about 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and got to go up to Loch Ness through Pitlochery, over to Glen Coe, and back through Sterling! It was a wonderful tour and even though it was a lot of time on a bus it was SO worth it to see all the landscapes of Scotland! It was a wonderful day!

My return trip was the sour part of the trip! We were delayed in Edinburgh the next morning and made it to Paris just in time for them to close the doors on our flight home. I had a terrible time getting a flight home - I was originally to get in at 11:00 a.m., but ended up getting in at midnight! It wouldn't have been so bad, but my babysitter was flying out at 1:00 p.m. that day! I called Brian and he had to arrange it all while I was in the air. Thanks to some wonderful friends it all worked out and the Curtis family took our kids in various shifts! It was a rough end to a wonderful trip, but if anything had to go wrong I'll take what I got - the rest was perfect!

No comments: