December 17, 2010

Our Sweet Little Seth

On December 8th at 5:05 p.m. Seth Charles Wengreen joined our family! He has brought us more joy than we thought possible over the last 9 days! We are so excited to have him with us at this special time of year. It has been so sweet to think about the Saviors birth and reflect more on the true meaning of Christmas - the birth of a baby.

Leading up to his birth the boys could literally not wait for him to come, especially Adam and Matthew. Each day when they would wake up in the morning or come home from school they were disappointed that I was there - they had hoped I'd be at the hospital having the baby. When he was born they were at the hospital within a couple of hours and were ecstatic to see their new little brother, thanks to Nana, since she wanted to see him just as much! They ended up having to do 'rock, paper, scissors' to decide who got to hold him first, but the one who got to hold him first had the shorter turn. It's pretty much been like that ever since - when they get home from school it's the first thing they want to do. Adam wants to play the piano for Seth, Matthew wants to read him his books, and Nathan likes to dance for him.

The only problem is that I want to hold him just as much as they do! We're all just in awe at this sweet little one. I find myself just sitting and staring at him and wondering how I got to be so lucky to have this sweet boy join our family. I know that luck has very little to do with it, though. Most of our family and friends know that we had to go through in vitro to get this little guy. It felt like a very long time trying to figure out what was wrong and what we would need to do to have another baby. One of the reasons I love the name Seth is because it means "appointed." In Genesis 4:25 Eve calls her son Seth because she said God appointed her another seed because she had lost Abel. We have lost so many hopeful children early on in pregnancies and even with all we had to go through to get Seth, I always felt like we still had a child that was supposed to come or that was appointed to be a part of our family. To have him here and with us truly feels like a miracle. He is the sweetest and most precious baby and we simply can't get enough of him. He is our favorite Christmas gift!

6 comments:

Cheri said...

What a sweetheart! And he totally has his very own look. Adorable!

Michelle said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, especially on choosing Seth's name. Congratulations so much.

Vicki said...

Beautiful, just beautiful. Seth, you, your family and your thoughts.

Kelli said...

I was so excited to see a post, I have been waiting anxiously. Seth is a beautiful boy! I am so thrilled for you, it truly is a wonderful Christmas gift. Congratulations!

Marisa said...

He is so beautiful and tiny and precious, I just love him! Isn't it amazing how it seems like you're happier when you've been waiting longer for a child to come, even though you swear you couldn't possibly have been any happier with your other babies. I was so happy and peaceful my whole pregnancy, delivery and newborn stage with Beckham and every time I see you it reminds me of then. Congratulations and good job getting that baby here!

Julie said...

I am so happy for you! Seth is so precious! I'm so glad everything worked out. It's been so long since I've seen you guys! Your kids are getting so big! Congratulations on your little arrival.