December 31, 2008

I’m going to try to catch up on the last month! I actually wrote these a while back, but couldn’t post it because I was in the car and haven’t had time since.
For Thanksgiving this year we went to Wenatchee to spend the holiday with Brian’s family. His sister from Portland came too and they have 5 kids that match up well with our kids, so that was really fun. Thanksgiving day I got to watch a little of the parade – I’m a sucker for a parade – and I got to help with the cooking, which is my favorite part! I didn’t let on to anyone that I felt so sick! The kids had had the stomach flu earlier that week, but we thought we adults just weren’t going to get it – wrong! I definitely got a mild version, but since I refuse to throw-up I just felt really gross all day. I was extremely careful to watch my hands every few minutes and not breathe on anything and it actually worked – no one else got sick. All of that to say that I didn’t enjoy the dinner nearly as much as I wish I had.

The next day (one of my favorite days of the year) Brian and I got up at 4:45 to hit the shops at 5:00 a.m.! I missed my mom and sister, but Brian’s sister and husband came too so it was lots of fun! I didn’t have much to get, but it was fun to be out enjoying the season!
Later in the day the kids, dads, and grandparents all went on a hike up Saddlerock Mountain. They had a blast! On Saturday we went bowling, which is always super fun. I barely beat Brian because Nathan’s last turn registered on my score and it was a strike – go Nathan! It was a fun break from the norm and got us all excited to start the Christmas season!

No comments: