December 31, 2008

Christmas in Utah!

We have had such a great time in Utah! I can’t believe our two weeks here will be over in just a few days - it always goes by so fast! We had a wonderful Christmas – the kids have loved being at Nana and Papa’s and being able to play with their cousins. Nathan has really taken to my Mom - he can't get enough of her! We went up to see her in the Tabernacle Choir broadcast and although Nathan couldn't go in for it, he came in after and got to see her practice - he was in awe and loved every minute!
We have had several family parties too, which have been lots of fun to be here for. For as long as I can remember my Mom’s side of the family has done a piñata party around Christmas time. It was so fun to take my kids to it and Adam even broke the piñata!
Another favorite tradition is the party with my Dad’s side of the family – we go to Timp Lodge up at Sundance and stay the night. It is a night filled with food, a program, games, and catching up with all the cousins – it is really fun, except for the next day. Without fail you stay up until 3:00 in the morning (sometimes later) and sleep very little since everyone is in the same room and you get to listen to every move made and every cough or snore. The next morning the men make a yummy breakfast that seems to make all the tiredness go away for a while. We’re still recovering a bit – I’m the only one awake with my kids, which is why I have time to blog! Anyways – it has been a wonderful Christmas season and I feel so blessed to have such an awesome family to share it with! We are having so much fun and I dread it coming to an end. We’re going to bring in the New Year tonight together and that will be lots of fun as well, except that the boys want to make sushi – should be interesting…

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I have to admit that lodge does look fun. I'm slightly jealous you had such a White Christmas. What a fun trip and lots of great memories.