February 11, 2009

Matthew's big day!


I can't believe Matthew is turning 5 today! It just amazes me how fast time is flying by! He is growing up so much and so fast that it scares me a little. I've been thinking about kindergarten all day and although I know it's months away it is making me sad to think that my little guy is going to be old enough to go to school this year! With Adam I kind of missed the whole 'send your kid off to kindergarten' thing since when we got to Scotland he went straight to Primary 1 in a shirt and a tie (talk about growing up fast)! Matthew is, of course, extremely excited about the idea of going to school with Adam - I just hope that time will slow down a bit until then!


Matthew is the sweetest kid! He currently loves playing with legos, doing puzzles, playing soccer and basketball, computer games, his reading lessons, and doing anything that Adam is doing. He and Adam play so well together and Matthew really looks up to Adam. I'm so glad that Adam is such a good example for him to follow and he is always really good about including Matthew and helping him feel good about himself. Matthew loves Nathan too and although they don't yet play together much, they are great buddies!
As sweet as Matthew is, he really knows how to get what he wants - he can phrase anything in a way to make you feel like you want to do whatever he is asking you to (i.e. Wouldn't you like to do a puzzle with me?). Sometimes it's all guilt, but mostly you just want to really do it because he's so cute about it. Another example - he just came up to me and said "Mom, you know whats good about if I play my computer game? We'll both be on computers!" Cute kid! He makes me happy! Better go play...

5 comments:

Cheri said...

Those black and white pictures are so beautiful. Happy birthday Matthew! (future son-in-law) :)

Sarah J. said...

He's so cute! I'm hoping we're around each other long enough for he and my little Kennedy to date. I just thing he's so adorable (and I think my little Kennedy thinks so too!). Happy Birthday, Matthew!

Kelli said...

I love that first picture of Matthew as a baby, beautiful! I wish we could ever live closer to each other so I could get to know your kids better. I forget how close in age Matthew and Sam are. Happy Birthday Matthew! Hope it's a fun day!

Unknown said...

Camille, how are you? I remember bringing you a meal when Matthew was born! We are in Boston now, but I take it you are no longer here! I would love to catch up with you.

Lindsay said...

Holy cow he's five. I remember that day. Those are still the best baby pictures I have ever taken.