January 18, 2009

Adam is growing up!

Last Sunday I attended the '8 is Great!' night with Adam at church to help him learn about his baptism. Adam will be 8 in April - way too soon for me! He is such a great kid!

When sitting in the meeting and they were talking about the Holy Ghost I had a total flashback to when Adam was 4 and we were living in Boston. I was trying to 'teach' Adam how to go to the bathroom standing up (like I know anything about that!) and it wasn't going to well. After quite a while I stormed out of the bathroom and shut the door (OK - slammed) on my way out. A little bit later I asked Adam if he was coming out and he said "What is going to happen if I do?" I felt terrible - my little guy was scared of me and I felt crushed. I had him come sit with me on the couch and I tried to explain that I was sorry and I just got frustrated. He turns and looks at me right in the eye and said "Do we still have the Holy Ghost in our house?" Ouch! I told him that we probably didn't for a little bit, but since I said I was sorry and I was trying to be nicer that he would come back. Adam was always so sensitive to the Spirit growing up and this type of thing would happen from time to time - he could just tell when things weren't right. I know he'll be a great member of the church and I am so proud of him for the great kid that he is! I just wish he wouldn't grow up so fast!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Hey - I found it! I'm so excited to know about your blog!

We were really sad to miss the fireside since Lydia was throwing up that day. Isn't it crazy to think of them being old enough to be baptized? What a great picture of Adam.

And I loved seeing the picture of Nathan with his Nana. That is too cute! Carver loves my dad like that, but not enough to obey. Darn!

Julie said...

Wow! 8 already! That's a big step. My oldest Nephew just turned 8 and I cried through his entire baptism. I can't imagine how it will be when my own turn 8. Pretty neat! Adams is such a good kids. Sabree still talks about him. She still has a crush on him!

Cheri said...

Such a tender, sweet boy.

You guys are blessed with GOOD (and cute!) boys. What a fun milestone for you all.