February 25, 2009

Nathan Turns TWO!

I can't believe my little guy turned two today!

I think this is the part where I can brag about him all I want, so I'm going to! He is one of the cutest kids ever! He has a smile and a charm that can't be matched! He has been my boy that has been most attached to me and although it can make things difficult at times, I must admit that I love it! He will give the biggest hugs and will always blow you a kiss. He has a darling little scowl that he will give you until he gets to know you well, or at least until he knows that I am not leaving him. Once you get to know him, he is such a sweet and funny little guy!

He currently loves airplanes, trains, buses, playing with his brothers, and anything to do with Nana (especially Music and the Spoken Word)! Once he gets his mind set on something it is hard to get him distracted with something else. This has been a bit of a challenge because he wants to do anything and everything that he sees his brothers doing! Hence the reason why the bar stools are in the garage and the chairs are all tied to the table - he is a climber and wants to have access to everything that everyone else does! He just really knows what he wants, which can be great, but difficult with a two-year-old curious mind.
Some things that I want to remember about Nathan as a two-year-old are:

-He has to go to bed with a puppy, blanket, Cougars book (we've taught him well), a train book, and listening to Nana sing (Tabernacle Choir CD).
-He will try to repeat anything you say, but can be hard to be understood if you're not sure what he's talking about. He's saying new words every day and his latest today were 'Happy Birthday' and he kept saying it all day!
-If I am holding a baby or another child (sometimes even Matthew) he will cry, or say "No" and point, or even push whoever it is off my lap to make room for him. I love that he loves to be mine!
-He can be a bit of a destroyer when it comes to Adam and Matthew's Lego star wars ships, but he really just wants to make them fly.
-He loves it when Adam comes home from school and will stand on the porch and wave and call to him his entire walk down from the bus stop.
-He already knows how to unlock my iPhone and click on his favorite apps.
-His smile - it surprises me sometimes how silly I will be just to get him to smile at me!
-He is Daddy's pal - absolutely loves to spend time with Brian and they have so much fun together!
-He loves to help me with the cleaning, laundry, cooking, and working on my computer.
-He is just such a sweet kid - full of love, curiosity, adventure, and fun!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Camille, he is so cute! I wish I knew him better! I hope you had fun in Japan! I think I need to call you and hear all about it!

Cheri said...

I think I could eat him up. He is so stinkin cute! And his big blue eyes... I would love to play with pictures of him in photoshop!

Happy Birthday little Nathan. And Camille, one more bday for the year and then you get a break! :)

Julie said...

I can't believe that he's 2 already! Time flies! You're kids are so cute. We miss you guys tons.