What a special day! Adam has been preparing himself for this day for so long and it was wonderful to see how serious he was about participating in this ordinance.
And now when I am baptized, I'll follow his example -
Be baptized by immersion Through sacred priesthood pow'r.
Then I will be a member Of Heav'nly Father's kingdom
And have the Holy Spirit To guide me ev'ry hour.
Adam was then baptized and the smile on his face when he came out of the water was just precious. Brian confirmed him a member of the church and he received the gift of the Holy Ghost. Brian's Mom then gave a wonderful talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was such a nice meeting - Adam just glowed! 
He was surrounded by friends and loved ones and had a wonderful day! We had a nice dinner with the family after at our home. It was so nice of the Ashtons to come from Boise, my parents to come from Utah, Brian's parents to come from Wenatchee, and the Mitchells to come from Portland to support Adam - it meant a lot to him to have them there supporting him.
Adam is a very in tune young man and is very aware of the Spirit. I'm so grateful that he chose to be baptized and I know that he will strive to keep his covenants. I am so grateful for the wonderful example that he is for his brothers! What a wonderful day!
5 comments:
It was fun to see all of the updates! Congratulations to Adam, what a special day! Looks like you have been busy with a lot of really fun things!
It sounds like it was a great baptism, we were sad to miss it! Trey really wanted to go, but we had already planned to go the tulip festival with some friends. Trey loved Adam's party and is now torn between a lego party and a mad scientist party for his 8th!
Brian and Camille, we're so sorry that we missed the baptism. We're glad Adam had a special day though. Thanks for sharing the photos. You two are GREAT parents and we feel lucky to know you!
congrats to adam! such a cute boy.
I loved catching up today on your blog!! So many fun happenings at your house.
Congratulations to Adam on his baptism! What a great day!
Post a Comment