September 19, 2009

Cali Trip Part 1 - Disneyland and Legoland!

Ahh - the magic of Disneyland! It is definitely one of my happiest happy places! Happily, my kids are taking after me! We decided to take the trip just a few weeks before we went when Brian found out he had to go to Monterey Beach for a week of meetings. We decided not only to tag along, but to extend the trip and start it out down south! I can always find a way to get to Disneyland if we are anywhere close!


Dumbo is still one of my favorite rides to take the kids on! Brian can't figure it out and would likely happily skip it, but I love all the memories that flood back every time I ride it!
It's a little crazy to me that my older boys are now old enough to ride all the big rides - and they absolutely love them! Nathan absolutely loved the Matterhorn - and so did Adam and Matthew! Adam and Matthew loved Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Splash Mountain, but were also very excited about going on the old classics too! Adam's new favorite was California Screamin' - and it was one of mine too!

Nathans favorite ride was the big Mickey Carousel in California Disney - his favorite treat was the Mickey ears ice cream!
At the parade Matt got to dance with Winnie the Pooh and several others - it was fun, but I really missed the traditional Disney parade without the rock music.
I think the greatest highlight for Adam and Matthew was being selected to participate in the Jedi Training Academy. They were chosen, got to wear robes and use lightsabers, and were trained by Mace Windu on how to be a Jedi. When their training was complete the entire stage lifts up and out comes Darth Vader with storm troopers. They quickly got the kids to safety and then let them all test their skills against Darth Vader or Darth Maul. Adam and Matthew both got to fight Darth Vader - I just wish I knew how to put movie clips on here - it was great! They loved every minute!
After the Star Tours ride they had a shop where you could create your own light saber - another highlight for the boys! They both made double sided sabers and then Nathan got his first light saber - a Mickey one!
Nathan couldn't wait for the fireworks and asked for them all day long! Good think Disney is good at putting on a great show - never disappointed!
Legoland!
After two days at Disneyland we went down to LegoLand! It was a lot of fun, however, I do wish we hadn't been so wiped out from Disneyland. That, and I wish we didn't go on a Saturday cause it was super busy. Regardless, we had a really fun day! One of the huge highlights was to see all of the creations out of legos - they were everywhere and they were really cool!
My favorite part was the cities made from Legos - they so many big cities! They had all the main buildings in D.C., Las Vegas, and New York - and many others too! It was amazing the details and the fun extras they added as well. The boys were inspired and now want to create their own Lego city on the train table!
I think Adam and Matthew had the most fun at the race tracks - you got some wheels and you got to create your own car and race it against 5 others! They were in there for over an hour and likely would have stayed longer!
Legoland had some rides that were pretty fun, but the lines that day were awful! Anywhere from 30-120 minutes! Thankfully there were these lego building areas that the kids could hang out in while you are waiting around in line. Thankfully we had been on lots of rides, so we didn't feel like we had to wait in them unless it was a super fun ride.
They were at great ages for this park - they tend to play with Legos in almost all of their spare time! It was fun to see how much they wanted to go shopping too! They had a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love Disney Land and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love that Nathan went on matterhorn--that's awesome!

Kelli said...

Looks like you guys have had tons of fun this summer! I have yet to take my kids to Disneyland, I am thinking I need to do that!

Bennett Family said...

we LOVE that place!!!