January 13, 2009

Nathan and Nana

My little guy is more attached to my Mom then he is to me - which is saying a lot! He has been having Nana withdrawals since we got home from Utah, but we are working on it. When he is cranky or crying we put on Music and the Spoken Word (my Mom is in the Tabernacle Choir) - it totally calms him down and he loves it!
When in Utah Brian and I would try to put him down for naps and he'd cry, but then my Mom would go down and tell him it was time to go to sleep, tuck him in, and he'd lay down and blow her a kiss and go to sleep! Since we got back he has had a harder time with his naps, so we put the choir CD's on in there and he goes right to sleep! Now he just wakes up sad and points to the CD player and says "Nana!" until I turn it back on! What a fan!
He'll even do things for my Mom that he won't do for me. With the 'twos' coming up we are having some power struggles - like not wanting a lid on his cup anymore! I had to call my mom and have her tell him to drink his milk with the lid on. Crazy thing was that when she asked him to he did it! I think she needs to come stay with us until he turns three! I wonder if she could get him to stay in Nursery at church...

4 comments:

Kelli said...

That is so funny! Isn't it wonderful to a Grandma that gives so much love!!! What a lucky boy!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun out in Utah, it makes me homesick to see pictures of your house and your Mom. It makes me want to go and hang out at your house again!!

Cheri said...

Two things: I LOVE that he is so attached to your mom. I bet it kills her she's so far away. And, posting at 1 a.m. - come on Camille!!

Sister Christensen said...

I DO love my Nathan! It tickles me that he's so cuddly. I miss the hugs! I think I need to plan some trips!

Julie said...

I can't believe how big Nathan is now. He's so handsome. Your boys look so much alike. I really miss you and hope you are doing well. I'm so glad you sent me your blog address. I didn't know you had one! Now I can keep up on your family. Let me know next time you're in Utah and I'll come see you!